Plymouth Ventures III (PVP III) is a growth stage venture capital fund that is actively investing $1 million to $5 million in companies throughout the Great Lakes Region. The fund invests in revenue producing companies with the potential for significant growth through a defined, catalytic event or milestone.
PVP III is focused on funding small to mid-sized companies, a niche that is underserved in the Great Lakes region, particularly in Michigan and Ohio. It is critical that the companies have validated the functionality of their product or service prior to taking on an investment from the fund.
PVP III applies a first filter of the following in order to determine whether to consider a deal further:
- Location in Great Lakes Region.
- B2B product or service that typically involves scalable technology with strong IP and/or barriers to entry.
- 12 month trailing revenue run rate in excess of $1 million (we do not fund startups or pre-revenue companies).
- Plan to achieve positive cash flow within 6 to 12 months of the investment (if not already).
- Total capital raise round of less than $8 million.
- Reasonable valuation and structure.
If companies meet the above criteria, we will have an initial phone conversation, visit them at their facility, and/or ask them to present to us at our offices in Ann Arbor. These contacts are to determine:
- Capability of management team.
- Whether there is a defined catalyst for growth.
- Appropriate use of funding.
- Alignment of exit timing in the next 2 to 4 years.
Plymouth Ventures III has four principals and is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan. If you are a company that exhibits the characteristics outlined above, or you have a referral, please contact us.
See our Investment Process.